Friday, July 8, 2011

Come & Ride That Train

"My first day in Chicago, September 4, 1983. I set foot in this city, and just walking down the street, it was like roots, like the motherland. I knew I belonged here." Oprah Winfrey

Today, like every day- I walk a mile to the Blue line- then switch to the Red line. My daily commute from Bucktown to Michigan Avenue for work is always an adventure.  Being new to the city, I wasn't really familiar with the different colors of the train, or why some would reference the Red line as being the "scary" train.  I finally found out that I could take the Blue line directly, just with a longer walk to work.  The Red line, just had so much energy- and entertainment-it kept me coming back.  There's a number of aspiring artists who perform everyday in that tunnel in hopes of being discovered by some talent agent.  Here are a few clips of them doing their thang by the train-


No comments:

Post a Comment